Erin and Pat planned a magnificent wedding reception atThe Casino at Lakemont Parkin Altoona, PA for New Years Eve. I usually don’t share client specific agendas but through a collaboration of Pat, Erin, Doug Simon from The Casino, and myself, we came up with something unique and original that really worked for a New Years Eve wedding celebration.
- Introductions (guests to be standing around edge of dance floor or near entrance) (I Gotta Felling / Let It Rock)
- Open Dance (2 fast)
- Cake Cutting:
- Patrick’s Welcome – First Dance: At Last – Etta James
- 2 slow dances
- Dinner – buffet / bar closed / vocal jazz dinner music
- Father/Daughter: My Girl – The Temptations
- Mother/Son: Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- Step-Father/Daughter: Wait For Me – Bob Seger
- OPEN DANCING
- Bouquet Toss
- Dollar Dance
It’s rare to have any dancing before the meal let alone fast dancing, but this really set the tone for a fun action packed NYE. The slow dancing following Patrick’s speech and the couples first dance really added a more classic feeling to the reception. The best part was all the guests loved it and participated with lots of dancing.
Here is the last 4 minutes of 2009 leading into the new year.
Thanks Erin and Pat!